IDEX Quality Engineering Technician in West Henrietta, New York
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
JOB TITLE: Quality Engineering Technician
REPORTING TO: Director of Quality Assurance
LOCATION: West Henrietta, NY
These positions may require lawful access to ITAR/EAR controlled information and employees in this role will need to meet those requirements. Requirements include US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident.
Who is IDEX Health & Science (IH&S)?
As a business unit of IDEX Corporation, IH&S has a long history of driving growth in life sciences and healthcare by embracing innovation and redefining the supplier-customer relationship. The work we do every day allows us to discover key insights and break new ground to create some of the most meaningful technologies that have a lasting impact on companies, industries, and society. One of business segments is called Life Science Optics and we are looking to add more talent to the team.
Life Science Optics (LSO):
Our newly opened Optics Center of Excellence (COE) in West Henrietta, NY , is a manufacturing and R&D focused team that sits at the leading edge of high-end optics for life sciences. Focused on assisting partners at every stage of the development processes, we invest in people and infrastructure to drive bold ideas and pragmatic solutions. With its optics-rich foundation of talent, universities, and supporting businesses, Rochester is the ideal location to elevate your career with fascinating work and endless opportunities.
Our formula for success is simple. We work hard to maintain a culture where you can own your work; you are encouraged to try new ideas in a collaborative environment; and you can apply your skillset to enable our clients to gain a competitive advantage in their own market. At IDEX Health & Science, you have the opportunity to work with a great group of people, mentor others, and build a great future.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Quality Engineering Technician will be part of the high-performance Quality Engineering team working to continuously improve the quality and reliability of our products. The primary responsibility of this position is to support quality engineering by evaluating, testing, and repairing product returns through the Return Material Authorization (RMA) process. Additionally, the Technician will support root cause investigation and corrective action implementation for manufacturing problems arising in an optical manufacturing environment.
A successful candidate will effectively perform the following tasks:
· Receive, inspect, evaluate, and process RMAs following written and verbal instructions.
· Perform functional tests and troubleshoot Optical System’s failures as required
· Provide detailed symptom descriptions for failures uncovered during functional test to assist in component-level troubleshooting.
· Discuss problems (technical and process related) encountered while testing/troubleshooting with engineering staff and recommend solutions to improve quality and efficiency.
· Interface with quality engineering, R&D, and manufacturing engineering in the root cause investigation of product returns.
· Coordinate with Supply Chain and Manufacturing to obtain work orders and scheduling of returned product replacements and repairs.
· Analyze assembly/test results and work with quality engineers on continuous improvement projects.
· Facilitate the receipt and return or products from the customer
· Ensure proper electronic transaction for the tracking and movement of returned product
· Work with limited supervision.
· Assist quality engineering with other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 2 years Technical Associate Degree
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a quality or manufacturing capacity
· Proficient in Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to interface with all levels of the organization
· Experience documenting processes
· Demonstrated training effectiveness of associates on new or updated processes
· Demonstrated problem solving skills
· Organized, motivated, approachable, and able to prioritize multiple tasks without direct supervision
· Experience with Quality tools such as 5 whys and Fishbone diagram
· Reading and understanding schematics, datasheets and written work instructions
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· General mechanical aptitude and experience with hands-on troubleshooting
· Experience in an optical environment is a plus
· Lean manufacturing and 5S training is a plus
· Demonstrated ability to complete tasks on time with attention to detail
· Demonstrated experience utilizing root cause analysis
· Demonstrated ability to identify process improvements
· Ability to observe, record, and graph test data.
IDEX Health & Science LLC., a Unit of IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Job Family: Operations
Business Unit: IH&S (West Henrietta COE)
Job Segment: HST Health & Science Technologies