IDEX Opto-Mech Assembler in West Henrietta, New York
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses at https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/ around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
In support of its expanding business, IDEX Health and Science is looking for an Opto-Mechanical Assembler to join its Operation’s team. The ideal individual will be organized and demonstrate a strong attention to detail. The candidate will be adaptable and able to readily integrate previous knowledge and ability into our system and culture to attain a higher level of success for our company. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of initiative with a can-do attitude and the ability to multi-task.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Thoroughly cleans optical components prior to assembly procedures
· Performs assembly of precision optical and mechanical sub components for higher level assemblies
· Ensure proper handling and storage of raw material and sub assembly material throughout the material flow process.
· Ability to work under a microscope required.
· Follow documented cleaning and assembly procedures.
· Complete basic and semi-complex production builds of subassemblies.
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional environment.
· Work within a Clean Room environment and maintain dress protocols.
· Represent company with integrity and professionalism at all times.
Experience and Education:
· 1-2 years of manufacturing experience desired
· Optical handling experience preferred.
· Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
· The person will be detail oriented and must be used to multi-tasking, have very strong organizational skills, and have an excellent work ethic.
· Some overtime support will be required.
This position is based in Rochester, New York. Due to ITAR regulations, we are only able to hire US citizens and Permanent Residents.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX (NYSE: IEX) is a company that has undoubtedly touched your life in some way. In fact, IDEX businesses make thousands of products that are mission-critical components in everyday activities. Chances are the car you’re driving has a BAND-IT® clamp holding your side airbag safely in place. If you were ever in a car accident, a Hurst Jaws of Life® rescue tool may have saved your life. If you or a family member is battling cancer, your doctor may have tested your DNA in a quest to find the best targeted medicine for you. It’s likely your DNA test was run on equipment that contains components made by our growing IDEX Health & Science team.