IDEX Laser Manufacturing Engineer in West Henrietta, New York
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses at https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/ around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
This position will be a key engineering resource for the operations team focused on improving the quality, first pass yield, uptime and capacity of the manufacturing operations with a specific focus in the areas of Illumination Systems and Light Source Value Streams. The engineer will work with other process development, quality, advanced manufacturing, and R&D engineers as well as with the daily production teams to achieve the goals of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Improve out-the-door quality by implementing procedure and tools to reduce process variation, open the process window and monitor the value stream processes. Maintain quality by actively monitoring the value stream and addressing process drift, non-conforming material and anomalous test results.
• Maintain line-up status by rapidly resolving problems and implementing processes and tool to prevent reoccurrence.
• Increase value stream capacity by improving first pass yield and labor efficiency.
• Create reports with data and analysis to justify implementation of process improvements.
• Communicate effectively through email, presentations and technical documents.
• Supports company values including ethical conduct and high integrity in all actions.
• Creation of technical reports and presentations.
• Ability to work with assembly and test technicians to develop and debug procedures.
• Ability to train assembly and test technicians.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• BS or MS in Optics or Electrical Engineering
DESIRED EXPERIENCE :
Solid state lasers
Adhesives and epoxies
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX (NYSE: IEX) is a company that has undoubtedly touched your life in some way. In fact, IDEX businesses make thousands of products that are mission-critical components in everyday activities. Chances are the car you’re driving has a BAND-IT® clamp holding your side airbag safely in place. If you were ever in a car accident, a Hurst Jaws of Life® rescue tool may have saved your life. If you or a family member is battling cancer, your doctor may have tested your DNA in a quest to find the best targeted medicine for you. It’s likely your DNA test was run on equipment that contains components made by our growing IDEX Health & Science team.