IDEX Engineering Technician in West Henrietta, New York
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
JOB TITLE: Engineering Technician
REPORTING TO: NPI Team Leader
LOCATION: West Henrietta, NY
These positions may require lawful access to ITAR/EAR controlled information and employees in this role will need to meet those requirements. Requirements include US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident.
Who is IDEX Health & Science (IH&S)?
As a business unit of IDEX Corporation, IH&S has a long history of driving growth in life sciences and healthcare by embracing innovation and redefining the supplier-customer relationship. The work we do every day allows us to discover key insights and break new ground to create some of the most meaningful technologies that have a lasting impact on companies, industries, and society. One of business segments is called Life Science Optics and we are looking to add more talent to the team.
Life Science Optics (LSO):
Our newly opened Optics Center of Excellence (COE) in West Henrietta, NY , is a manufacturing and R&D focused team that sits at the leading edge of high-end optics for life sciences. Focused on assisting partners at every stage of the development processes, we invest in people and infrastructure to drive bold ideas and pragmatic solutions. With its optics-rich foundation of talent, universities, and supporting businesses, Rochester is the ideal location to elevate your career with fascinating work and endless opportunities.
Our formula for success is simple. We work hard to maintain a culture where you can own your work; you are encouraged to try new ideas in a collaborative environment; and you can apply your skillset to enable our clients to gain a competitive advantage in their own market. At IDEX Health & Science, you have the opportunity to work with a great group of people, mentor others, and build a great future.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Engineering Technician will be a key technical resource for the New Product Introduction Team focused on bringing new products into production. This role will report to the NPI Team Leader. This role will be responsible for building prototype units, creating/updating process documentation, training production technicians, troubleshooting manufacturing equipment and process failures, and supporting the development of new manufacturing process to ensure that is repeatable and reliable. This role will work with the R&D and NPI engineering team, Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Operations Value Stream Managers, and Facilities Team to achieve the Quality and Delivery goals.
• Support prototype builds under engineering supervision
• Support technical testing under engineering supervision
• Develop process documentation such as work instructions and process maps
• Train new production staff technicians
• Troubleshoot manufacturing equipment and non-conforming prototypes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 2+ years of Technical experience in a manufacturing capacity
• 2 year Technical Associate Degree
• Experience documenting Manufacturing Processes/writing work instructions
• Experience training production personnel
• Experience using optical manufacturing equipment such as interferometers, power meters, autocollimators
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Ability to read and interpret schematics and technical drawings
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to interface with all levels of the organization
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Electro-Mechanical capabilities
• Ability to use Solidworks to create technical drawings
• Ability to problem solve process and equipment issues
• Understanding of scientific method to solve problems
• Organized, motivated, approachable
• Demonstrated ability to identify process Improvement opportunities
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Business Unit: IH&S (Life Science Optics)
Job Segment: HST Health & Science Technologies