IDEX Coating Associate II Metrology (B-Shift) in West Henrietta, New York
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
JOB TITLE: Coating Associate II Metrology (B-Shift)
REPORTING TO: Coating Manager
LOCATION: West Henrietta, NY
These positions may require lawful access to ITAR/EAR controlled information and employees in this role will need to meet those requirements. Requirements include US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident.
Who is IDEX Health & Science (IH&S)?
As a business unit of IDEX Corporation, IH&S has a long history of driving growth in life sciences and healthcare by embracing innovation and redefining the supplier-customer relationship. The work we do every day allows us to discover key insights and break new ground to create some of the most meaningful technologies that have a lasting impact on companies, industries, and society. One of business segments is called Life Science Optics and we are looking to add more talent to the team.
Life Science Optics (LSO):
Our newly opened Optics Center of Excellence (COE) in West Henrietta, NY, is a manufacturing and R&D focused team that sits at the leading edge of high-end optics for life sciences. Focused on assisting partners at every stage of the development processes, we invest in people and infrastructure to drive bold ideas and pragmatic solutions. With its optics-rich foundation of talent, universities, and supporting businesses, Rochester is the ideal location to elevate your career with fascinating work and endless opportunities.
Our formula for success is simple. We work hard to maintain a culture where you can own your work; you are encouraged to try new ideas in a collaborative environment; and you can apply your skillset to enable our clients to gain a competitive advantage in their own market. At IDEX Health & Science, you have the opportunity to work with a great group of people, mentor others, and build a great future.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Semrock is currently looking for a hands-on Associate II Metrology in the Optical Coating Group for its thin-film coating operations. The right candidate will have significant experience with thin film coating metrology technology.
· Establish priority, maintain product flow and complete measurements on Spectrometer;
· Measure product on Perkin-Elmer or other tools as necessary;
· Perform flatness and transmitted wavefront measurements using Zygo interferometer as required by workorder;
· Operate Spectrometer and modify map layouts and recipes as needed;
· Check spectral results against product performance specifications (Spec Check) for S1 and S2 operations;
· Make annealing rework decisions on products based on spec check results;
· Anneal product as required per traveler routing instructions;
· Serve as final QA for coated product including final visual inspection;
· Perform measurements of finished goods filters at agreed upon output level per shift;
· Maintain all related records and utilize Semrock software programs to perform tasks;
· Own the status and location of all product within the cell;
· Crisp and clear communication with all shifts, engineering support personnel, finishing and planning;
· Work with engineering and manufacturing to improve process and equipment reliability.
Key success criteria for this position are: attention to detail, customer satisfaction, as measured by product quality and delivery-to-schedule metrics, rapid turn-around of machine data (i.e. uniformity), meeting and exceeding the workload demands and maintaining .
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Success in this position requires the applicant to have:
· Preferred: A minimum of a 2-year technical degree and 2+ years experience with high-vacuum deposition, or 5+ years relevant experience;
· Direct experience with the handling, processing, cleaning and inspection of optical-quality glass substrates and coatings.
· Must have clearly and consistently demonstrated attention to detail;
· Formal electronics and vacuum training desirable;
· Experience using optical measurement systems as applied to thin film coatings, such as spectrophotometers, interferometers, and microscopes, is desirable;
· Basic understanding of quality control operations, is desirable;
· Strong written and oral communication skills;
· Proficiency with MS office.
· Lean Manufacturing experience desirable.
· Basic understanding of computer hardware and interfaces;
· Willingness to work flexible work hours.
The right candidate will have a clear desire to succeed and be effective working in a fast-paced environment. On a personal level, the candidate will exhibit the highest standards of integrity, deliver upon all commitments, and be a highly motivated, team player.
IDEX Health & Science LLC., a Unit of IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Business Unit: IH&S (West Henrietta COE)
Job Segment: HST Health & Science Technologies