IDEX Director of HR & GA, IH&S Japan in United States
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses at https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/ around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Director of Human Resources & General Affairs at https://idexcorp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/IDEXCareers/job/IHSERC-JP-Saitama/Director-of-HR-and-GA-JapanR-00467-1
Saitama, Japan at https://www.idex-hs.com/contact-support/contact-us/
IDEX Health & Science at https://www.idex-hs.com/
Health & Science Technologies (HST) at https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/health-science-technologies/
Director of Human Resources & General Affairs
IDEX Health & Science
Health & Science Technologies (HST)
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact. With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
The Director of HR & GA will be responsible for the overall Human Resources and General Affairs aspects of IDEX Health & Science KK, located in the City of Kawaguchi, Saitama Prefecture. The Director plans, organizes, and executes all Human Resource functions for this site. This includes responsibility for Employee and Labor Relations, Recruitment, Compensation and Benefits, Payroll, Health & Safety, Compliance, and Retention / Development. Also, the Director is responsible for creating and maintaining a good working environment from the perspective of General Affairs. This position, as a member of the local Leadership Team, will work closely with other Directors in order to contribute to the development of this site. It is expected to convey Corporate HR programs and policies to the site.
Employee & Labor Relations—
· Point person for interpretation and guidance relative to company policies and procedures.
· Manages and provides guidance to supervisors and managers for employee issues and grievances.
· Ensures organizational compliance with Labor legislation and guidelines
· Contributes to the strategy development, research and business planning for Employee Engagement development
· Works closely with Operations Leadership to implement Internal Communication strategy (schedule site meetings and activities such as Year-end party)
Compensation, Benefits & Payroll/HRIS—
· Coordinates and manages compensation plans; prepare and implement annual salary plans, develop and align compensation plans to drive desired employee and business performance
· Maintains HRIS, payroll systems, time and attendance systems, and ensures data integrity
· Coordinates and manages benefits plans
· Coordinates and manages the Organization and Talent Cycle and Performance Management processes
· Coordinates and manages Career Development plans, based on findings from the Performance Management and Organization and Talent Cycle processes
Staffing & Recruitment—
· Manage and execute the recruitment process- advertising, job descriptions, applicant screening, interview scheduling, and reference checks
· Manage and develop relationships with recruitment agencies (temporary and permanent placement)
· Conduct new employee “on-boarding”
· Ensure buildings and office facilities are in good condition and ready for use and are controlled
· Plan and execute annual repair plan of buildings and office facilities
· Purchase office supplies (Stationary, Uniform, business card, etc.)
· Acts as the location Ethics Officer to coordinate and manage compliance with all applicable regulatory and corporate policy requirements
Safety & Risk Management—
· Act as the site’s Health and Safety Officer and driver of the Health & Safety Committee.
· Partners with Operations leadership to manage all required and agreed upon safety programs and training
5+ Years of Experience in Human Resources Manager role
Excellent verbal and written communication in fluent Japanese and Business level English
Ability to make and keep commitments in a fast-paced results-oriented environment
Strong interpersonal skills with the intent of winning together with integrity
Clear understanding and interpretation of Labor, Social Security, and OH&S legislation
Knowledge of HR frameworks (performance, engagement, organization effectiveness, learning & development, etc.) and HR functions (C&B, recruitment, labor relations, etc.)
Broad business knowledge related to labor-intensive manufacturing
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW:
At IDEX Health & Science, we have a long history of driving growth in life sciences and healthcare by embracing innovation and redefining the supplier-customer relationship. The work we do every day allows us to discover key insights and break new ground to create some of the most meaningful technologies that have a lasting impact on companies, industries, and society. Our formula for success is simple. We work hard to maintain a culture where you can own your work; you are encouraged to try new ideas in a collaborative environment, and you can apply your skillet to enable our clients to gain a competitive advantage in their own market. At IDEX Health & Science, you can work with a great group of people, mentor others, and build a great future. IDEX Health & Science, KK ( http://www.erc.co.jp/ ), formerly ERC, Inc., was founded in 1988 and acquired by IDEX Corporation(https://www.idexcorp.com/) in 2012. It belongs to the Health & Science Technologies Business Segment, reporting to IDEX Health & Science, LLC ( https://www.idex-hs.com/ ).
ENTERPRISE OVERVIEW (IDEX):
IDEX Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diversified products in industries ranging from health, science, safety, fire, and fluidics. Operating in 24 countries, IDEX is an innovative and rapidly growing company, focused on delivering excellence through diverse, winning teams. With a strong reputation for providing career growth opportunities, IDEX is a lean, non-bureaucratic and high performing environment. We’re a global provider of applied solutions serving a variety of markets. These include life science and medical technologies, process industry and infrastructure-related technical sales, industrial/municipal fire, and rescue - to name just a few.
IDEX Health & Science Is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX (NYSE: IEX) is a company that has undoubtedly touched your life in some way. In fact, IDEX businesses make thousands of products that are mission-critical components in everyday activities. Chances are the car you’re driving has a BAND-IT® clamp holding your side airbag safely in place. If you were ever in a car accident, a Hurst Jaws of Life® rescue tool may have saved your life. If you or a family member is battling cancer, your doctor may have tested your DNA in a quest to find the best targeted medicine for you. It’s likely your DNA test was run on equipment that contains components made by our growing IDEX Health & Science team.