IDEX Process Engineer in United Kingdom
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Part of the IDEX Corporation, Precision Polymer Engineering Ltd (PPE) is a manufacturer and supplier of high performance, niche elastomer seals used in critical applications around the globe. At IDEX we are focused on attractive markets where there is sustainable competitive advantage based on technology leading to high growth and profitability. We are fast growing and successful with over £1 billion annual sales.
- PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To analyse business methods and find efficient alternatives. The Operations Process Engineer will be responsible for delivering regular recommendations on how to maintain staff levels and lower costs, while meeting all of quality standards set by the company and customer requirements.
- REPORTS TO:
- TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Including but not limited to:
• Analyse workflows within the production department to determine better ways of working
• Coach and lead operators to implement workflow revisions
• Interpret, analyse and confirm process reliability and efficiency
• Support Manufacturing Engineering Department (ME) with technical and process knowledge to aid new product realisation
• Develop and maintain work instructions
• Liaise and coordinate multifunctional problem solving
• Partner with Quality Engineer and Continuous Improvement action team to ensure collaborative, consistent and sustainable improvements are made
• Develop manufacturing methods for new and existing products, including process routing and production rates
• Utilise Companies ERP system to embed changes/improvements
- SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Experience of working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment essential
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering desired
• Impeccable maths and statistical analysis skills essential
• Training experience essential
• Project Management experience and skills desired
• Polymer knowledge and experience within industry is desired
• Effective communicator
• Ability to multitask and prioritise workload in line with department and business needs
• Good team worker
• Attention to detail
• Driven and self-motivated
• Strong organisational skills
• Strong IT Skills, especially with Microsoft Office applications
At PPE, we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Although we can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
Business Unit: PPE
Job Segment: HST Health & Science Technologies