IDEX SR Manager - Supply Chain and Planning in Vancouver, Washington
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
This position leads the strategy development and execution of Micropump’s Supply Chain, Production Planning and related functions. Responsible for the timely execution of SIOP, purchasing, forecasting and planning, supplier capacity and capability, inventory control, shipping and receiving as well as import and export compliance.
• Uses logical analysis and improvement methods to evaluate planning and supply chain successes and opportunities and optimizes processes for the function; drives overall operational. efficiencies relating to Planning and Supply Chain including improvements to SIOP process
• Defines and implements standard work and process across the entire SCM department.
• Identifies and executes on cost savings opportunities without sacrificing quality and safety to support production. This includes regular review of direct and indirect material spend to manage supply base through insourcing, outsourcing, resourcing, and negotiation.
• Actively manage supply base to optimize and drive priority to 80s suppliers.
• Develop a robust production planning process that will be utilized to schedule planned orders, predict misses, and feed outcomes into forecast planning and monthly tracking.
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure timely execution of sales demand; plans and negotiates appropriate outcomes to ensure stakeholders are properly aligned.
• Leads the prioritization of workflow within the SCM Department, collaborates with the sales organization and holds SCM staff accountable for execution of planned actions to meet customer demand.
• Evaluates, develops and oversees the critical component strategy to manage the vendor base; engages as needed for difficult supply chain issues.
• Negotiates and makes supplier resourcing decisions to effectively optimize vendor base.
• Develops and drives effective and sustainable short- and long-term solutions to complex planning and supply chain process challenges, including but not limited to, SIOP, backlog reporting, Finished goods and Component level Kanban systems and product availability
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders to drive effective problem-solving, level loading factory workload, ship dates, etc.
• Develops the Planning process and strategy to optimize manufacturing capacity, including equipment and labor resources; manages the backlog strategy and ensures issues are mitigated to ensure timely delivery of product to customers.
• Develops and reports on KPIs related to functional effectiveness such as OTD, forecasted deliveries, cycle count accuracy; reports deficiencies to senior leadership and uses metrics to drive operational efficiencies for long-term success while addressing short-term challenges; takes appropriate calculated risks when necessary to drive operational efficiencies; recommends make v. buy decisions based on parts availability and cost and longer-term strategic vision.
• Oversees various processes, including but not limited to, International and Domestic Shipping/Receiving, cycle count process and the coordination of physical inventory count; Sales and Operations pattern build planning.
• Designs and executes finite capacity planning systems and processes.
• Utilizes Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools to reduce process variation, eliminate non-value-added activities and defects and improve customer satisfaction.
• Identifies trends from a variety of resources including ERP system generated forecasts, trends in the Forecast Consumption period, on-time receipt of parts from suppliers, PO fulfilment and takes decisions for improvements.
• Owns and evaluates ERP/MRP systems for data integrity for the smooth flow of information and processing; ensures 80/20 structure is followed and maintained.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds
• Freely move about in an office and manufacturing setting
• Communicate verbally and in writing face-to-face and through the use of electronic equipment
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Production Control, Supply Chain, Business Management or a closely related field; MBA preferred
• Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in a Supply Chain and Planning role in a manufacturing environment
• Minimum 5-7-years’ experience in a leadership role managing a team
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
• Must be able to read and understand production drawings and material requirements
• Thorough understanding of MRP logic and inventory strategies
• APICS CPIM required
• Experience with JD Edwards software preferred
• Must possess permanent residency or Green Card authorization to work in the United States and be able to have lawful access to controlled technical as required for this position
• Strong business acumen, analytical skills and critical thinking
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to effectively manage priorities
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Job Family: Operations
Business Unit: Micropump
Job Segment: HST Health & Science Technologies