IDEX Assembler in Rutherford, New Jersey
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
The Assembler is a key player in our production process and is responsible for assembling and finishing products partially or completely, working at a bench or on the shop floor.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintains a clean and safe workplace
• Works with a team to assemble entire products or components
• Rotates through tasks for specific production processes
• Conducts quality inspections on products and parts
• Prepares finished products for shipment
• Positions and assembles parts according to prints
• Works to close tolerances on intricate small assembly work
• Uses measuring tools and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ensures manufacturing adherence to all quality regulations
• High school diploma or GED or related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Mechanically inclined with previous experience in a manufacturing environment or related field
• Familiar with assembly tools and equipment
• Quality assurance experience a plus
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-focused environment
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the US
Job Conditions and Physical Activities Required
• Manufacturing/Production environment. Movement within the office and around an active manufacturing/warehousing facility
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• While performing duties of the job, employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear
• Required to wear safety glasses and utilize other safety equipment as required while present on the production floor
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not inquire as to the status of an application.
Job Family: Operations
Business Unit: Airtech