IDEX Quality Engineer in Greenwood, Nebraska
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
In support of our expanding business, we are looking for an experienced, hands-on quality engineer to join our team and lead the continuous manufacturing improvement and quality efforts of the company. The right candidate will have experience as a hands-on process engineer who is equally comfortable working with customers, suppliers, and in the production environment.
• Create and/or update Quality Policy and SOP workmanship documents.
• Create, review, and manage the quality records database.
• Be responsible for all non-conforming material functions.
• Track quality control for each product using charts, statistical data, and reports.
• Train production leaders on basic statistical techniques/metrics.
• Mine data, looking for trends and opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Interface internally and externally on non-conformances of product or supplies and drive corrective actions.
• Establish personal relationships with counterparts at key OEM accounts and other IDEX business units.
• Determine and eliminate the sources of both internal and external quality issues.
• Aggressively champion internal quality improvement programs.
• Use measurement equipment and methods for inspection and verification.
• Lead quality audits of key suppliers.
Some travel may be required in support of these responsibilities, estimated to be less than 5% of the year.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Have 3+ years of experience in a Quality or Process Engineering role in a manufacturing environment.
• Engineering Degree or equivalent experience required.
• Demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Be detailed oriented and driven to excellence.
• Feel personal responsibility for quality issues that occur and will work diligently to ensure the resolution has been achieved.
• Be familiar with quality management systems, ISO 9000:2015 certifications & requirements, design of experiment, and have a good knowledge of statistics.
• Demonstrate proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
• Experience with ISO optical inspection requirements and/or software analysis tools would be a plus.
• Certifications (CQE, CSSBB, CSSGB, etc.) a plus.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com for assistance with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not inquire as to the status of an application.
Job Family: Engineering
Business Unit: KZValve