IDEX General Manager Aegis and Richter US (Geismar, LA) in Geismar, Louisiana
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
The mission of the General Manager (GM) is to build a high performing company through high customer satisfaction, great value, market specific innovations, and driving strong operational results. This can only be accomplished by living the IDEX values and building great global teams.
The General Manager will have overall P&L responsibility of about $20M and accountability for the performance of Aegis Flow Technologies and Richter US business. The GM is responsible for driving profitable growth through while achieving maximum efficiency along with world class levels of customer care and quality. This position reports directly to the President, Vales and OBL.
• Manage all aspects of the operation ensuring that all operational and financial targets are achieved
• Direct the profit and loss of this business identifying opportunities for profitable growth through geographic expansion, channel development and market-driven innovation.
• Utilize 80/20 to reduce complexity across the business, simplify product lines and processes, drive segmentation and more closely align with customers.
• Build a high performing, highly engaged and inclusive team. Identify and develop high potential and promotable team members to maintain high performance teams in all locations with appropriate career development and succession plans. Attract, develop and retain talent and who bring key capabilities to the team and to the company.
• Head-up a high-performance culture with clear goals, strong accountability and a feedback-rich environment. Ensure the right skills, capability and organizational structure are in place.
• Drive new product launch and conversions of customers to new product platforms.
• Define and execute upon three-year strategy and product roadmap.
• Model servant leadership and drive high levels of employee engagement.
• Drive operational improvement in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
• Works with global sales leadership and finance functions to set and roll out pricing structures and price lists for products and services targeted at Chloralkali process to maximize sales volume and margin.
• Participates directly in developing strategic customer accounts in key market segments and geographies. Assists in sales visits, making presentations, delivering seminars and training, participates in relevant technical and engineering trade shows and conferences.
• MSc, BSc or equivalent in a relevant science or engineering discipline. MBA would be highly desirable.
• Have demonstrated the ability to “telescope” – to move seamlessly from the strategic to the tactical/hands-on when needed, without getting overly bogged down in details or micro-managing and/or stifling the team.
• Experienced in driving a technical sales function. Able to drive profitable growth by winning sales in highly competitive markets where product and customer service differentiation drives customers’ buying decisions.
• Experienced in managing or working closely with manufacturing operations to efficiently meet and exceed customers’ needs in a fast-moving high product variety environment. Familiar with lean manufacturing principles, tools and the use of KPIs to drive performance improvement.
• Have proven skills in mentoring a team and emphasizing people development throughout an organization.
• Willing to relocate to LA.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Business Unit: Aegis Flow Technologies
Job Segment: FMT Fluid & Metering Technologies