IDEX Value Stream Manager in Denver, Colorado
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Value Stream Manager is responsible for overall planning, direction, leadership, results, and administration of the value streams in manufacturing. This position will require collaboration with the supply chain and sales team to balance priorities and meet customer demands in a changing and flexible environment while maintaining compliance. Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies and lean tools will be a key part of successfully reducing waste in production. The Value Stream Manager will drive team accountability through Lean Daily Management process and is responsible for managing key metrics including safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and employee engagement.
REPORTING TO: Director of Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for development and implementation of overall continuous improvements actions for assigned Value Streams.
• Drive culture of Kanban through the value stream right sizing inventory to customer demands.
• Improve machine efficiencies through the deployment of SMED, TPM, Standard work, and other lean tools.
• Trend, track and root cause countermeasure top Pareto items within value stream and cells.
• Lead Daily Management meetings driving cross functional ownership and engagement in actions. Ensure execution to assigned delivery dates.
• Coach, develop, and manage cross functional team of production, planning, and manufacturing engineering driving clear alignment within the support functions.
• Layout and implement “Future State Value Stream Map.”
• Work with Director of Operations in development of a 3-year future state vision.
• Develop a culture of continuous improvement within the Value Stream.
• Achieve Value Stream implementation according to the 3-year Future State plan.
• Effectively produce written documents such as production reports or procedures / work instructions when necessary.
• Performance will be measured:
o On time delivery 97%o Pitch(hour by hour) attainment 85+% vs machine capabilities
o Cost reductions (productivity increases year over year of 3% minimum)
o 5S (Develop and improve sustainable results in alignment with plant 5s program)
o Inventory Accuracy 90+%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be highly organized and self motivated.
• Experience in creating and managing a value stream plan.
• Knowledge of lean techniques with track record of implementation required.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively organize several distinct functions, establish levels of responsibility, delegate appropriate authority and review the work and performance of team members in a manner conductive to efficient performance and high morale.
• Demonstrated ability to understand comprehensive reports, forecasts, estimates and budgets.
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees, across all functions of the organization including customers and suppliers.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing required.
• Track record of implementation various lean concepts. Proficient in core concepts of Kanban, Single Piece Flow, 5S, Standard Work, Operator Balance Charts, Kaizen, Visual Management Techniques, SMED, TPM, Measurement Systems of inputs and outputs.
• Solid PC skills, particularly with spreadsheet and/or database management.
• Strong work and personal ethics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BS in Engineering degree, ME, IE, and a minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing environment is required, preferably with cellular manufacturing experience. A minimum of 2 years of experience in first and second level manufacturing supervision.
The physical demands, work environment and mental/visual demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Requires use of hands and arms 60% of the time.
• Majority of the time is spent walking or sitting.
• Lifting requirements are generally less than 10 lbs. Manual lifting could reach the company maximum of 50 lbs.
• Majority of the time is spent in a climate-controlled office or manufacturing environment.
• Noise exposure is moderate.
• Close vision and the ability to adjust focus are necessary to perform the job functions.
• Peripheral vision is required for safety.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving: The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully. A proven track record in driving toward root cause countermeasure.
• Interpersonal Skills: The individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Relationships with Others: The individual works effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
• Communication and Contact: The individual communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The individual uses effective communication for interface with customers.
• Planning/organizing: The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control: The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability: The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security: The individual actively promotes and personally observes all safety procedures. The individual complies with Environmental, Safety, and hazardous Communications requirements.
The estimated compensation for this position is $130,000-140,000;
This position may be eligible for a 10% bonus;
This position is also eligible for our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings, which include Health benefits, 401(k) retirement savings program with company match, and more. For more information on our benefits and rewards, please visit our career page at https://www.idexcorp.com/careers/our-benefit-and-rewards/
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Business Unit: Band-It
Job Segment: FSD Fire & Safety/Diversified Products