IDEX Product Manager in Denver, Colorado
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Summary of Primary Function
The position will be responsible for managing the product portfolio in the Industrial Business Line, which offers a complete range of fastening solutions to different applications. This hands-on position is located in Denver, CO and will be reporting to the Business Line Director. The position will be a key influencer to the business’ overall direction of its products and markets served; responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product/customer requirements, defining the product vision, sizing market potential. This position will be working closely with engineering, sales, operations, and marketing communications to ensure revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction targets are met. The Product Manager will champion and implement all new product and market strategies, while determining the most effective and successful approach to growing the existing portfolio.
The Product Manager’s focus will be on providing the business the key information and guidance as it relates to the 4-P’s. Since this role is critical to overall business line strategy, Band-It is seeking a champion, with a winning spirit, that can excel in the following areas:
• Formulate, execute, and maintain product line strategies including (but not limited to) life cycle management, growth focused NPD roadmap development, margin expansion, pricing strategy, and overall portfolio commercialization
• Continuous evaluation of market and technology trends, customer unmet needs, and competitive knowledge to drive product innovation process.
• Competitive benchmarking and market share/trend analysis. Develop market insight through voice of customer research, in-depth competitive analysis, and market segmentation
• Supporting key customers and channel partners
• Creation of key performance indicators and discipline to meet objectives
• Full understanding and successful execution of a staged NPD process in a manufacturing environment
• Continuous commercial process improvements acting as a persistent catalyst for change
• Driving 80/20 complexity reduction across the product lines including product rationalization to optimize offering and complexity
• Driving margin expansion by working closely with Operations/Supply Chain to identify cost reductions (PPV), engineering to drive VA\VE projects, commercial team to establish strategic pricing structure
• Working closely with sustaining engineering to identify root causes to product issues and efficiently resolve
Knowledge, Skills, and Required Abilities:
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively with high business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to innovate new ideas and bring them to fruition
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (inclusive of virtual business environments)
• Understanding of 80/20 process and implementation
• Desire and ability for problem-solving, continual improvement and continued learning.
• Ability to effectively manage their work (inclusive of virtual business environments) with the Microsoft based software programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
o CRM, JDE, BI, and/or other oracle-based software considered a plus
• Work collaboratively with operations, commercial, engineering and the senior leadership team to ensure objectives are met
• Strong understanding of channel and go-to-market strategy
• Excellent understanding of strategic planning
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related area. MBA or MS preferred
• 5+ years marketing experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
• 3+ years’ experience with new product development and product management
• 3+ years’ experience working with competitive pricing and promotions with products and aftermarket support
• Understanding of channels including distribution, OEM, e-commerce platforms and direct business
• Technical understanding of equipment
• International experience will be considered a plus
Band-It offers a dynamic and challenging work environment and a competitive compensations/benefits package. If you have the skills and background we are seeking, we welcome your application.
• The estimated compensation for this position is $110,000-120,000
• This position may be eligible for a bonus of up to 10%, based on personal and company performance
• This position is also eligible for our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings, which include health benefits, 401(k) retirement savings program with company match, paid time off, and more. For more information on our benefits and rewards, please visit our career page at https://www.idexcorp.com/careers/our-benefit-and-rewards/
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Business Unit: Band-It
Job Segment: FSD Fire & Safety/Diversified Products