IDEX Accounting Manager in Benton Harbor, Michigan
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Accounting Manager, Gast Manufacturing Inc.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The Accounting Manager will focus on Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and General Accounting. They will be the go-to person for financial accounting within MPT Waterloo; an IDEX Corporation company. The incumbent will report to the Finance Director, MPT Waterloo. This person will report directly to the MPT Finance Director in Waterloo / Gast VP of Finance in Benton Harbor MI and will lead the accounts receivable and accounts payables teams.
• Ensure all financial monthly/quarterly Financial statements and reports are prepared accurately and on-time time
• Adhere to IDEX internal policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Manage the audit processes and serve as the local Audit Leader. Supports and coordinates all internal, external and SOX audit activity
• Review and manage Payroll with external third party, ADP Support Payroll Process, in coordination with internal and external partners; manage team of employees responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost, journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Manage Accounts Payable cash cycle and teams from invoice-to-cash; review and manage Accounts Payable including accruals; assist with coordination of annual operating plan, including uploads and cost center details.
• Assist with organization and running of annual physical inventory process.
• Prepare and manage fixed asset accounting process; using general cost and accounting principles; will be able to provide in-depth understanding of key operational metrics to support financial reporting Ensure all monthly account reconciliations are performed accurately, completely, and on time.
• Responsible for the implementation and review of robust internal controls, monitoring compliance, and for the maintenance of adequate documentation compliant with SOX and IDEX Corp Policies
• Manage the audit process and serve as the local Audit Leader. Supports and coordinates all internal, external and SOX audit activity
• Meet strict month end reporting deadlines
• Implements process and procedural improvements to optimize the workflow within the department
Responsible for the supervision of all Accounting and Accounts Payable staff.Understands Business Lines within MPT and the financial metrics to drive success (volume, overhead, labor costs, standards, productivity, efficiency, etc.)
• Key thought partner with Finance Director / VP of Finance, implementing procedural improvements and driving engagement within the team
• Other duties, as assigned
• Degree in Accounting or Finance with Finance Designation (CPA)
• 5 - 7 years related accounting experience
• Solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SOX
• Experience working with and leading cross functional Teams
• Supervisory experience and/or project leadership skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to interact clearly and confidently with all levels in the organization and with external sales representatives, customers, vendors, and others as required
• High level of integrity and ethical standards
• Strong work ethic with a curious and resilient nature
• Strong leadership and team building and talent development skills and sense of urgency
• Visual ERPJD Edwards experience preferred; advanced Excel skills required
• OneStream experience is ideal
• Continuous Improvement Experience (Six Sigma, TPM, Kaizen/Rapid Improvement Events) is preferable
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
IDEX (NYSE: IEX) is a company that has undoubtedly touched your life in some way. In fact, IDEX businesses make thousands of products that are mission-critical components in everyday activities. Chances are the car you’re driving has a BAND-IT® clamp holding your side airbag safely in place. If you were ever in a car accident, a Hurst Jaws of Life® rescue tool may have saved your life. If you or a family member is battling cancer, your doctor may have tested your DNA in a quest to find the best targeted medicine for you. It’s likely your DNA test was run on equipment that contains components made by our growing IDEX Health & Science team.